Are you a fan of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream? If you are, hold on to your socks, because I’m about to blow you away with this awesomely easy and delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Pie!
- 30 chocolate cookies finely crushed, (I used oreos with the middles removed- Yes, we ate a quite a few oreo halves w/ quadruple filling!)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 quart of mint chocolate chip ice cream (feel free to use more- you will have a higher pie.)
- 4 oz cool whip (1/2 small tub)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- optional (additional chopped chocolate chips to add to the ice cream mixture.)
- optional: mint cookies for garnish. ( I used these.)
- Remove ice cream and cool whip form the freezer/fridge to allow time for ice cream to soften.
- Spray bottom and sides of spring form pan with cooking spray. Add crushed cookies and butter to pan and mix thoroughly. Press cookie mixture onto bottom and up sides about 1 inch.
- Add ice cream and cool whip to large bowl and thoroughly mix together. Add additional chopped chocolate chips if desired.
- Spread ice cream evenly over crust. Place pie into fridge for a couple hours to re-freeze.
- Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. (I actually heated my cream for almost 3 minutes in the microwave- If you chose this option watch the cream!) Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stirring constantly with a rubber “spoonula,” (my very favorite kitchen tool ever) until chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Allow ganache several minutes to cool. Pour over ice cream pie and immediately return to freezer.
- After ganache hs firmed up a bit, garnish with the mint cookies.
- Keep pie in freezer until ready to serve.