Easy Oktoberfest Pizza Recipe: Sausage, green apples gouda and arugula come together to make this delightfully delicious Pizza that your family will love!
- 1 can (13.8 oz) PillsburyTM refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 6 oz Polska-kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 oz smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup arugula, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly sprinkle 18×13-inch sheet pan or large cookie sheet with flour.
- Unroll pizza dough onto pan; press dough into 17×12-inch rectangle, forming thicker dough edges. Bake 6 to 8
minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no
longer pink. Remove from skillet to plate; set aside.
- In same skillet, cook shallot over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender. Remove from
- Evenly spread mustard over partially baked pizza crust to within 1/2 inch from edges. Sprinkle half of the cheese
onto pizza crust. Top with sausage, apple slices, shallot and remaining cheese.
- Brush edges of crust with beaten egg; sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. To serve, top with arugula; cut into 8 slices.