Easy Peppermint Twist Cookies
These Quick and Easy Peppermint Twist Cookies are a snap to make! They are a perfect Christmas Cookie Recipe for your next holiday gathering or cookie exchange. The yummy combination of sugar cookie and peppermint is impossible to resist!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Hershey Kisses into freezer. (You can unwrap them beforehand or in between batches.)
- Follow package directions to prepare cookie dough.
- Separate dough into halves, add red food coloring a few drops at a time, kneading the color in as you go, to reach desired shade of red.
- Divide red and white dough into 3 equal amounts.
- Roll each section into about a 9 to 10-inch log. Gently twist 2 colors together and wrap with plastic wrap. (Once you have put the plastic wrap around the dough, you can roll it a bit more to smooth out the twists.)
- Place wrapped cookie dough in freezer for about 10 minutes to chill.
- Unwrap cookie dough and slice into about 11 equal pieces. (Slice into more/smaller pieces for a smaller cookie.) Gently form dough into a ball and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, slightly flattening ball.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookie edges start to brown. Remove from oven and immediately press white chocolate peppermint candy into center of cookie.
- Remove cookie from pan to cool.
Enjoy the cookie while the candy is still hot and melty or allow candy to cool and reharden! (once candy has rehardened you can stack cookies for transport.)