This super easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe is a great way cool off this summer and enjoy a healthy treat!
- 32 oz greek whole milk yogurt (You can use any type of yogurt, you will just need to adjust the sugar to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tbsp of your favorite sweetener (Depending on the yogurt you use you may need more or less- just give it a taste)
- 2 tbsp vanilla (omit if using vanilla yogurt)
- 1 cup strawberries (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- Combine yogurt, milk, vanilla and sweetener in a bowl
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture and half strawberries. Process till smooth.
- Add strawberry mixture to yogurt, mix together til thoroughly combined.
- Add yogurt to ice cream machine (following the directions of your ice cream machine) process to desired consistency.
- Just before ice cream is done, dice the remaining strawberries and add to machine.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to a freezer container and place in freezer to harden at least an hour.
- If after freezing, ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it sit o the counter for about 5 to 10 minutes and try again. (If you can wait that long! We generally eat ours immediately, but for these photos I let the ice cream harden a few hours.)
- If after freezing, ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it sit o the counter for about 5 to 10 minutes and try again.
- Nutrition info calculated with 2% milk and 2 tbsp sugar
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Protein: 21
Keywords: yogurt, ice cream, frozen yogurt, strawberry