This Tex-Mex Pasta Bake is made with simple, good-for-you ingredients. Perfect for satisfying your craving for Mexican food.
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni, ziti or penne pasta
- 1/2 lb of ground turkey or beef (even leftover chicken or beef fajitas works)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup of black beans
- 2/3 cup of chunky salsa
- 1 16 oz container of cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of shredded low fat Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Combine ground meat, onion and taco seasoning in a large non-stick skillet, cooking over med-high heat, until turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn, salsa and beans. Remove from heat
- Combine cottage cheese, egg, cilantro, white pepper, salt and cumin in bowl.
- Spoon 1/2 of turkey mixture into the bottom of a well-greased 11.5 by 7.5 inch baking dish. Top with pasta. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over pasta. Top with remaining turkey mixture. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over casserole.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 381
Keywords: tex mex pasta bake, tex mex bake, tex-mex pasta casserole