This Frozen Margarita Pie tastes like a frozen margarita- only better! The tangy flavors of lemon and lime combined with ice cream make for a sweet margarita flavored pie that can’t be beat. Add a bit of tequila for an authentic margarita taste or leave it out for everyone to enjoy.
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 12 oz can of frozen concentrated margarita mixer
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 1/2 cups lime sherbet
- optional 2 tbsp tequila
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
1. About 20 minutes before, set out ice cream, sherbet and margarita mix to soften.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, mix well.
3. Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs, stir until completely combined.
4. Press crumbs into the bottom of springform pan. Place pan in the freezer.
5. Combine vanilla ice cream, sherbet, margarita mix and optional tequila. Keep stirring until everything is completely combined.
6. Add ice cream mixture to springform pan. Smooth out top and place springform pan back in the freezer for at least an hour.
7. When ready to serve, whip heavy cream til soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whipping until the cream forms stiff peaks.
8. Add whipped cream to pie. You can serve immediately or return to freezer for a few minutes to allow whipped cream to harden a bit more.
- The instructions below are for a deeper pie made in a springform pan with real whipped cream topping and a DIY graham cracker crust. To same time, you can use a store-bought graham cracker pie crust and Cool Whip. A store-bought pie crust is slightly smaller, so you will want to decrease the amount of ice cream to 2 cups each and the margarita mix to 9 oz.
- Computed calories are for 10 slices and no tequila.
- You can reduce the calories by using low-fat ice cream and cool whip.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 425