Sweet, tart, creamy, this Grapefruit Pie recipe is similar to a key lime pie in texture but has the subtle flavor of grapefruit and pretty pale peach color.
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons for the whipped cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325ﾟ
- Juice 2 large grapefruits, (you want one cup of juice)
Beat the egg yolks till light and fluffy.
Add the sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 cup sugar to the eggs. Using a whisk. whisk till incorporated.
Add strained grapefruit juice to the egg/sugar mixture. whisk everything together.
Pour the grapefruit pie mixture into the pie crust.
Place the pie on a baking sheet into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Bake until the filling is almost set; it should wobble a bit.
Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place the pie in the refrigerator to chill thoroughly, about 3 hours or overnight.
Store the pie in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slice the pie into wedges, wiping your knife clean between slices.
- Beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar and beat until medium peaks form.
- Top the pie with whipped cream. Decorate with the grapefruit slices.
Make-Ahead Instructions: You can make the crust a day ahead of time, but the filling should be added on the day of serving, otherwise the crust will get soggy.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 66
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 8
Keywords: grapefruit pie, grapefruit pie recipe, grapefruit custard pie