- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I always add another 1/2 tsp or so of cinnamon, but that is optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup of wheat germ (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. (Sometimes my muffins stick to the paper liners, so I prefer the aluminum liners, but paper was all I had today.)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, oil, vanilla, and egg, blending well.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients until the dry ingredients are just moist. (Try not to over mix!)
- Fill muffin tin evenly and sprinkle the wheat germ on top of the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.