This Piña Colada “Ice Cream” is easy to make, (no ice cream maker needed) low in sugar, and makes a fabulous healthy treat for a hot summer day!
- 3 to 4 frozen bananas
- 12 to 16 oz frozen pineapples
- 1 13 0z can of unsweetened coconut milk (low fat or full fat- whatever your preference. Full fat will be creamier. )
- optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar- this will depend on how ripe your bananas are. Just give it a taste.
- optional toppings: whipped cream, maraschino cherries
- Combine frozen fruit in a blender or food processor and process till smooth. (Taste and add sugar if needed) The mixture will be fairly soft and can be eaten immediately as soft serve or a smoothie.
- If you prefer to eat it as ice cream, transfer mixture to a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 to 4 hours.
- Add additional toppings if desired and Enjoy!
Tip: if “ice cream” is hard to scoop, just let it sit on the counter 5 to 10 minutes to soften.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 1
Keywords: ice cream, healthy, bananas