Healthy Sloppy Joe Recipe- Your family will love this lightened up version of the family favorite Sloppy Joe recipe.
- 1 lbs uncooked very lean ground beef
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1.5 cups of canned tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1.5 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs Montreal steak seasoning
- Mix together brown sugar and steak seasoning.
- Break up ground beef in pan, pour sugar/steak seasoning over beef and brown.
- Once cooked, pour off any excess grease, add onions, vinegar, worcestershire and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and sauce and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes and serve on whole wheat buns.
- Don’t forget the pickles!