This Easy Homemade Blueberry Cobbler is a delicious summer dessert recipe that’s perfect for a special occasion (or any night of the week – it’s that easy!)
• 6 cups fresh blueberries
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 6 tablespoons cold butter cubed
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon Turbinado sugar
• ¼ cup chopped pecans
Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 13 by 9″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch 2 tablespoons water, lemon zest and juice.
- Spoon Blueberry Mixture into prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a fork or a pastry blender cut butter into the flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cream, stirring gently just until a dough forms.
- Tear dough into 3″ pieces and arrange over blueberry mixture.
- Sprinkle dough with pecan pieces and Turbinado sugar.
- Bake until dough is lightly browned. (About 30 minutes.)
- Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- I love to keep Turbinado sugar on hand for baking as it makes the final presentation so pretty, but you can substitute brown sugar if needed.
- Fruit Juices will thicken as the cobbler cools.
- I recommend serving the cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it also makes a delicious breakfast the next morning, served cool with a dollop of whipped cream or thick vanilla greek yogurt!
- Nutrition calculated with 12 servings an no ice cream.
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 17
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2