This Easy Homemade Blueberry Cobbler is a delicious summer dessert recipe that’s perfect for a special occasion (or any night of the week – it’s that easy!)
• 6 cups fresh blueberries
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 6 tablespoons cold butter cubed
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon Turbinado sugar
• ¼ cup chopped pecans
Vanilla ice cream for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray a 13 by 9″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch 2 tablespoons water, lemon zest and juice.
4. Spoon Blueberry Mixture into prepared dish.
5. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
6. Using a fork or a pastry blender cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
7. Add cream, stirring gently just until a dough forms.
8. Tear dough into 3″ pieces and arrange over blueberry mixture.
9. Sprinkle dough with pecan pieces and Turbinado sugar.
10. Bake until dough is lightly browned. (About 30 minutes.)
11. Serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- I love to keep Turbinado sugar on hand for baking as it makes the final presentation so pretty, but you can substitute brown sugar if needed.
- Fruit Juices will thicken as the cobbler cools.
- I recommend serving the cobbler warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it also makes a delicious breakfast the next morning, served cool with a dollop of whipped cream or thick vanilla greek yogurt!
- Nutrition calculated with 12 servings an no ice cream.
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 17
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2