This unbelievably delicious Homemade Buttered Pecan Ice Cream Recipe is super easy to make in your ice cream maker.
- 4 safest choice pasteurized eggs (If you cant find the Safest Choice Eggs, I’ve included the extra cooking step in the notes.)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/2 can (about 7 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 tablespoons good quality vanilla
- 4 cups milk (Your choice of whole or 2% milk, half n half, heavy cream- the higher the fat content of the milk, the creamier the ice cream will be.)
- optional (but so good!) Caramel ice cream topping
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 tbs sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs together for a minute or two, add sugar and continue mixing for another minute until eggs and sugar are completely combined.
- Add vanilla, milk and condensed milk. Blend until all ingredients are combined.
- Add mixture to ice cream machine and follow manufacturer’s directions to process.
- Melt butter in large pan over med-high heat.
- Add sugar and stir with spatula until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pecans, reduce heat to medium and gently stir/toss pecans until toasted. (about 5 minutes.) Watch pecans closely they go from being done to burned, very fast.
- Transfer pecans to a plate and let cool.
- a few minutes before ice cream is complete, add pecans to the ice cream and let the machine mix the pecans into the ice cream.
- Eat right away as soft serve or transfer to freezer safe container and freeze 2 to 4 hours or until desired consistency is reached.
- Optional step using caramel: Transfer 1/2 of ice cream to freezer safe container. Spread/squeeze a generous amount of caramel over ice cream layer. Add remaining ice cream to container and top with more caramel. Use a butter knife to gently stir the caramel around. Place in freezer for 2 -4 hours.