Four ingredients and an ice cream maker is all you need for this decadently delicious chocolate ice cream recipe. (Actually, you don’t even need an ice cream maker as I’ve also provided the no churn ice cream directions as well.)
- 1.5 cups cream
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup chocolate syrup (like hershey’s) (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 of a 14 oz can of Sweetened condensed milk
- optional: 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped smaller
Ice cream maker instructions:
- Mix cream, milk, condensed milk and chocolate syrup together until combined.
- Add to ice cream maker and process according to machine instructions.
- When chocolate ice cream is ready, add optional almonds to machine.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to a container and freeze for an hour or two until firm.
- Top with additional syrup and nuts if desired.
No Churn instructions:
- Use all heavy cream instead of half milk, half cream.
- Combine all the ingredients except optional nuts.
- Beat with electric mixer till soft peaks form.
- Add ice cream base to 7 by 11 baking dish.
- If desired, add additional chocolate and nuts to top of mixture and use a butter knife to mix in.
- Freeze till firm. (4 to 6ish hours)
Keywords: ice cream, chocolate, ice cream maker, no cook