- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water hot
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- chocolate syrup
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa and salt in together and stir in water. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for abour 2 minutes and the chocolate is silky smooth.
- Add milk to the saucepan and stir the hot cocoa together until hot. Do Not Boil.
- Remove hot cocoa from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Top with optional hot cocoa toppings and enjoy