- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half n half or milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs of pureed strawberries (If you want plain vanilla, just leave out the strawberries)
- 3 tbsp of sugar (possibly less if you prefer your ice cream less sweet)
- rock salt
- gallon size Ziploc bag
- quart size Ziploc bag
- kitchen towel
- Mix together the milk, cream, vanilla, sugar and strawberries in the quart size bag. Close the bag and be sure it is completely sealed. (Be careful not to get any strawberry puree in the “zippers”.)
- Fill the gallon-size bag 3/4 the way full of ice and add about 1/4 cup of rock salt to the bag of ice.
- Place the smaller bag of ice cream ingredients into the larger gallon bag and seal the bag.
- Wrap the kitchen towel around the bag and get to shaking the the bags like crazy for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the ice cream is ready.
- Open the bags carefully, you don’t want any ice water in your ice cream! Serve immediately and enjoy.