- 2 cups half n half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons of good vanilla extract
Ice Cream Maker Instructions:
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- When ice cream is ready, serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to a freezer container for about 2 hours or until your ice cream reaches desired consistency.
No Churn/No Ice Cream Maker Instructions:
- For best results, replace the half-n-half with all heavy whipping cream. Use a hand or stand mixture to whip the cream until soft peaks are formed. Gently fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container. (I prefer using a 7 by 9 casserole-type dish for faster freezing and easier scooping.)
- Cover the vanilla ice cream tightly with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer and freeze until solid, about 6 to 8 hours.
If after freezing, you find your ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it rest on the counter about 5 minutes and try again.