- 2 cups half n half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons of good vanilla extract
Ice Cream Maker Instructions:
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- When ice cream is ready, serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to a freezer container for about 2 hours or until your ice cream reaches desired consistency.
No Churn/No Ice Cream Maker Instructions:
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a freezer-safe container. (I prefer using a 7 by 9 casserole type dish for faster freezing and easier scooping.)
- Cover the vanilla ice cream tightly with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and stir ice cream. Cover and place back in freezer for 2 more hours.
- Remove from the freezer and stir again. After 4 hours, the ice cream should be almost soft serve consistency. Return the vanilla ice cream to the freezer until desired consistency has been reached.
If after freezing, you find your ice cream is too hard to scoop, let it rest on the counter about 5 minutes and try again.