Use a pressure cooker to get deliciously tender and flavorful Brisket in about an hour and 20 minutes with this easy brisket recipe and the best tips on how to cook brisket in the pressure cooker!
- Coat all 4 sides of the brisket with equal amounts of BBQ seasoning and montreal steak seasoning.
- Set your Pressure cooker to the browning setting (If you don’t have this option, you can do this step on the stovetop.) Add olive oil to cooking pot and sear all 4 sides of the brisket.
- Turn brisket in pot so the fattiest side is facing up. Add more seasoning if desired.
- Add 2 cups water and Worcestershire sauce to the pressure cooker pot. (take care to not pour it over the meat and wash off the seasoning.)
- Set pressure cooker to high and cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a natural pressure release. Remove brisket from pot and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve!
When choosing a smaller trimmed brisket at the grocery store, you need to look for a piece with the most fat. The fat will keep the meat moist during cooking. (If you are unable to find one with a good amount of fat, I have heard you can layer the top with bacon in a pinch to help keep it moist.)