It only takes about 5 minutes and TWO INGREDIENTS to make your own ricotta cheese in the microwave! This method had saved me many times and it’s so simple you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried this before.
- 2 cups whole milk (makes about 1/2 cup ricotta cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Mix salt, milk and vinegar together and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes. (Depending on the wattage of your microwave- mine is 1100 and was ready at the 4-minute mark.) You could also use a food thermometer to check the temperature of the milk- it needs to reach 165 degrees for the milk curds to separate from the whey.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve or a colander covered with a paper towel or cheesecloth, pour or spoon the curds into the sieve and let drain for 5 minutes.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 14
Keywords: ricotta cheese, clean eating, microwave recipes