Saltine Cracker Toffee is crunchy, chewy and full of impossible to resist, rich and buttery caramel toffee flavor and its made with just four ingredients. (five if you add nuts)
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz Chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecan or other nuts
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Spread crackers in baking pan, set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to medium saucepan.
- Over med-high heat, bring butter mixture to boil and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Quickly pour butter mixture over crackers. Use spatula to help evenly distribute the toffee mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts if desired.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over toffee. Once soft, use a spatula to smooth the chocolate over the toffee.
- Let toffee cool. Break in to pieces and enjoy.
- Store leftover toffee in an airtight container, for about a week.
*nutrition calculated without nuts
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 7
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: christmas crack, candy, toffee, saltine toffee