Saltine Cracker Toffee
Saltine Cracker Toffee is crunchy, chewy and full of impossible to resist, rich and buttery caramel toffee flavor and its made with just four ingredients. (five if you add nuts)
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: about 40 pieces 1x
- Category: candy
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz Chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecan or other nuts
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Spread crackers in baking pan, set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to medium saucepan.
- Over med-high heat, bring butter mixture to boil and boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Quickly pour butter mixture over crackers. Use spatula to help evenly distribute the toffee mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts if desired.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over toffee. Once soft, use a spatula to smooth the chocolate over the toffee.
- Let toffee cool. Break in to pieces and enjoy.
- Store leftover toffee in an airtight container, for about a week.
*nutrition calculated without nuts
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 7
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 1
Keywords: christmas crack, candy, toffee, saltine toffee