This Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe is hearty and healthy, loaded with vegetables, beans, and pasta, and can be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, quartered thick (about 1 cup)
- 1 28oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 19oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water, if desired
- 3/4 cup mini shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 handful spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parmesan cheese, garnish, optional
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot. Allow the pot to warm up and cook the onion for 3-5 minutes with olive oil.
- Next, add the carrots, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, herbs, salt, pepper, kidney beans, chickpeas, vegetable broth, and enough water to just submerge the vegetables (if needed), and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and cancel the Sauté feature. Ensure the vent is closed and seal the lid on the Instant Pot. Press the Manual Setting, adjust the time for 5 minutes, and press start.
- Once the cooking is complete, do a Quick Release by carefully turning and opening the vent, and shut off the Keep Warm setting by hitting cancel.
- Stir in spinach and parmesan cheese for about a minute.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/10th of recipe
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 7
Keywords: minestrone soup, instant pot minestrone, instant pot soup