- 2 slices of thick crusty bread
- 1 tbsp Mayo or Dijon Mustard (your preference – I love the spicy kick the dijon gives to the panini)
- Cheese (any combination of swiss, provolone, cheddar jack)
- Optional: Avocado Slices and/or thinly sliced tomatoes with the seeds removed.
- Preheat your grill/panini press.
- Butter the outside of the 1st piece of bread. Add a mayo/dijon mustard to the bread. Place the bread, butter side down.
- Build the sandwich on the grill by adding sliced cheese, tomato/avocado, ham, another slice of cheese and the 2nd piece of bread. (Be sure to add condiments to the butter to the 2nd piece of bread.
- Close the press and cook according to the machines instructions. (for us, it’s 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
Keywords: panini, ham, ham leftovers, ham and cheese, ham panini