This easy Lemon Blueberry Bread is moist, bursting with lemon and blueberry flavors! It’s and topped with an amazing lemon glaze.
- 1 to 2 lemons (you need 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of zest)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 3 tablespoons – divided)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoons lemon, juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan,
- Zest lemon and squeeze juice into bowl, set aside.
- Mix together the granulated sugar, melted butter, eggs, sour cream, 2 tsp lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir in the milk; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the wet mixture into the well. Stir til everything is just combined.
- Add 3 tablespoons of flour to a medium bowl. Rinse blueberries, drain well and add to bowl of flour. Mix blueberries around until coated in flour.
- Gently fold flour coated blueberries into batter. Pour Batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- While the blueberry bread is cooling, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar to bowl. Stir til smooth glaze forms. (add more sugar as needed for desired consistency. (not too thick, not too thin.)
- After 10 minutes of cooling, pour half of the glaze over the bread.
- Allow the lemon blueberry bread to cool another 30 minutes or so and remove from pan.
- Slice and pour the rest of the lemon glaze over the blueberry bread.