This Loaded Mashed Potato Bake Recipe is a delicious spin on the classic loaded baked potato! The addition of cheese, bacon, and cream put this Loaded Mashed Potato bake potatoes over the top tastewise and will leave your family begging for seconds and thirds.
- 4 lbs potatoes peeled and cut
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup heavy cream (start with 1/2 cup – add more if needed)
- 1 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 slices of bacon cooked and diced
- 2 to 3 green onions, diced
- In a large stockpot, cook potatoes in salted water for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add butter, cream, garlic, salt, pepper, half the bacon, gruyere cheese and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Mix together until cheese is melted, adding additional cream a tablespoon at a time as needed to reach desired consistency. (add additional salt and pepper to taste.)
- Transfer potatoes to 13 x 9 baking dish, topping with last 1/2 of cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with remaining bacon and green onions.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 22
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 16
Keywords: mashed potato, potato casserole, loaded mashed potatoes, mashed potato bake