Low Carb Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is a perfect low carb and sugar-free treat. This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe is easy to make and will hit the spot when you’re craving something sweet and creamy but need to stay on your low carb eating plan!
- 3/4 cup Fairlife whole milk (has fewer carbs than regular whole milk but you could use half n half or heavy cream if desired)
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Swerve or other cup for cup sweetener (possibly a bit more if you like your ice cream sweeter)
- pinch salt (don’t skip)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup chopped mini semisweet chocolate chips or other sugar free chocolate
- 3/4 tbsp Knox unflavored gelatin
- *Optional: smidge green food coloring (add a tiny bit at a time until desired shade reached)
- *optional 3/4 tbsp of vegetable glycerin
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the whole milk. Sprinkle gelatin over the 1/4 cup of milk, set aside for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup milk, cream, sweetener, salt, vanilla, peppermint extract until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the gelatin/milk mixture to the ice cream mixture. Blend til thoroughly combined.
- If desired, mix in a bit of food coloring until the optimal color has been acheived.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the ice cream is almost to the desired consistency, add the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or add to a freezer container and freeze for about 30 minutes to an hour. (The ice cream in these photos was in the freezer for about 30 minutes.)
- If you find your ice cream has frozen too hard to scoop, let it sit on the counter for 5 to 10 minutes.
Keywords: low carb, sugar free, ice cream, mint