If you’re one of the many cutting carbs from your diet right now, this keto Spinach Salad w/ chicken, bacon, eggs, and avocado is low carb and just what you need. It might very well be your new favorite salad!
- 3 cups fresh spinach, torn, stems removed
- 2 boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 oz chopped precooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 3 to 4 slices crispy bacon, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- optional; 1/8 cup of diced red onion (I will add a bit of red onion if I have it. The onion give a nice “bite” to the salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar (I used apple cider)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced (I used the white part of a green onion)
- salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a small mason jar. Shake to combine.
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- Toss to combine.
- Add dressing if desired or use fork to “mush” the avocado and egg into the salad.
* nutritional info calculated on the recipe as written above with no dressing using a small avocado and three slices of Hormel precooked bacon.
- Serving Size: 505
- Fat: 33
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 42
Keywords: keto spinach salad, low carb spinach salad