- 1 small mango, chopped (about a cup)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup of coconut milk (not creme de coconut, but the kind that comes in a carton or can)
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- optional: 1 to 2 oz of Coconut Rum
- optional: dried unsweetened coconut and sugar for the rim of the glass
- Put all ingredients together in a blender and blend until desired consistency.
- If you’re like me and making virgin and spiked versions, leave the coconut rum out during the first blend, pour out the virgin drinks, then just add the rum and re-blend for about 10 seconds.
- To garnish with the coconut sugar, process 2 tablespoons of dried unsweetened flaked coconut and a tablespoon of sugar in a food processor, single serve blender or coffee grinder until coconut is diced into small pieces.
- Before pouring the drinks, wet the rim of your glass and dip in the coconut sugar. (If you have enough left over, sprinkle some on the top of your drink too, its delicious!)
- Note: This does not work with the sweetened flaked coconut used for baking, since that ki of coconut is not completely dried out, it just gums up in the food processor…)