This one pot spaghetti is fast and easy to cook up for a delicious family meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 28 oz (ish) jar of pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 oz spaghetti (be sure to weigh the pasta, the ratio of dried spaghetti to liquid is important)
- 14 to 20 oz pre-cooked meatballs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- In large sauce pan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil til soft and translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Add the spaghetti sauce and water to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Break up spaghetti and add to the pot along with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Reduce heat to med-low and cook 10 to 12 minutes.
- Carefully stir in warmed meatballs.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and half the parsley.
- Garnish with leftover fresh parsley and extra Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 23
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 25
Keywords: spaghetti and meatballs, 20 minute meals, one pot dinners