There’s nothing better than homemade peach ice cream. Fresh peaches, cream, and sugar. Creamy, decadent, sweet, and DELICIOUS! This recipe is just four ingredients and is perfect for summertime.
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 1.75 cups whole milk
- 1.5 lbs peaches, peeled and pitted (about 4 to 5 large peaches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Slice the peaches into quarters and place them in the blender with lemon juice and salt. Blend until the peaches are pureed.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the eggs until the eggs are thickened and pale yellow
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture, a little bit at a time, whisking as you pour.
- Add the egg/milk mixture back to the pan and place over low heat stirring constantly until the custard thickens slightly. Take care not to let the mixture boil or the eggs will scramble.
- Remove mixture from the heat and pour through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any solid egg bits. (optional step – sometimes I do this, sometimes not – depends on if I spot any egg bits.)
- Allow the custard to cool slightly then mix in the cream and peach puree. Refrigerate until cold.
- Once chilled process according to your ice cream machine’s directions.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for a few more hours
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 518
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 56
- Protein: 10
Keywords: peach ice cream, ice cream, peach ice cream recipe, peach recipes