This No Bake Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Energy Bars Recipe is easy to make, filling and is a great addition to your list of healthy snacks for kids!
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups (cooled) toasted rolled oats (lightly toasted in a dry nonstick skillet over medium-high heat on your stovetop, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- ½ cup craisins (or other dried fruit)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut)
- ½ tsp salt
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper (leave extra hanging over the side for easy removal from the pan)
- Lightly coat parchment with cooking spray.
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a large bowl, cover, and heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring at the halfway mark until they are thoroughly melted and mixed together.
- Stir in oats craisins, nuts and salt. Make sure all ingredients are thoroughly coated with the peanut butter mixture. (If not thoroughly mixed, you run the risk of the bar being a bit crumbly.)
- Spread mixture into pan and press firmly.
- Refrigerate til cold (at least an hour.)
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.