Half pumpkin pie, half buttery delicious dump cake. This easy fall-inspired dessert recipe will have everyone coming back for seconds!
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 12-ounce can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15.25-ounce box of yellow cake mix
- 1.5 to 2 sticks cold butter, sliced thin. Use as much butter as needed to completely top the cake. (I like salted butter, but use your preference.)
- Optional: 1/2 cup (or more) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to a large bowl and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the pumpkin mixture.
- Cut the butter into thin slices and place on top of the cake. (I usually don’t use the entire two sticks.)
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the cake topping is done. If desired, you can sprinkle the pecan pieces over the top of the cake at about halfway through the baking time. (Any earlier, and the pecans tend to burn.)
- Allow the cake to cool and set up for at least one hour.
- Serve with a scoop of Cool Whip or ice cream.
See tips and storage information in the post
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 81
- Protein: 8
Keywords: pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin pie dump cake, pumpkin dump cake recipe