An Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe with no pectin!
- 16 oz strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Stir over med-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to med-high and bring mixture to a rolling boil.
- Stir frequently mashing the strawberries as you stir, continuing to boil, until jam is thickened and bubbles completely cover the surface of the jam. (about 10 minutes.)
- Transfer jam to a jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Seal jars and store in refrigerator for about 10 days (or freeze)
Makes about 1 3/4 cups
Additional tips: If you have a candy thermometer when the jam reaches 215 F, it’s ready.
If you want a less chunky jam, you can process fruit in a food processor before cooking or use an immersion blender while fruit cooks.
- Serving Size: 1 tbs
- Calories: 20
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Protein: 0
Keywords: strawberry, jam