Sausage, Tortellini, and Italian spices come together perfectly in this Sausage and Tortellini Pasta Salad. It’s the perfect pasta salad for your next summer cookout or get-together!
- 8 oz cheese tortellini
- 4 oz dried bow tie pasta (about a cup)
- 2 cups chopped Klement’s Smoked Polish Sausage (or whichever Klement’s Sausage you prefer)
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper (your favorite color – I went with orange)
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, basil and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta and tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Place in refrigerator until cool
- Add dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake til combined.
- Once pasta has cooled completely, add sausage, cheese, vegetables. Toss together until combined.
- Add half the dressing to the salad and combine. Add additional dressing as needed. (If you make this the night before, the pasta will absorb most of the dressing, so reserve a bit to add just before serving.)
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
- To save time, you can use your favorite Zesty Italian dressing.
- This salad is even better when you assemble it the night before, allowing the flavors time to marinate and come together.
- If serving to children, you might consider leaving out the bell peppers. lol.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe