- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 20 oz (ish) bag of frozen meatballs
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tsp Italian spice blend
- Sandwich buns
- mozzarella cheese
- Add onion to slow cooker top with frozen meatballs.
- Pour pasta sauce over meatballs and sprinkle Italian seasoning over sauce.
- Cook on low of 4 to 5 hours or high for 2 to 2.5 hours
- After cooking time, gently stir to thoroughly distribute onions and meatballs.
- Sprinkle a handful of cheese on the bottom of bun/sandwich roll, top with meatballs, plenty of sauce and more cheese.
- For extra melty cheese, you can place the subs under your broiler until the buns are toasty and the cheese is melted and browning.