Black-eyed peas, white beans, corn, salsa, avocado, and Italian dressing come together in this amazing Avocado, Bean and Corn Salsa! Perfect snack for game day, New Years or any other get-together.
- 1 15 oz can of beans, drained (I recommend black eyed peas, black beans or great northern beans- these varieties will all retain their shape.)
- 1 15 oz can of white corn, drained
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes (drain only one can)
- 8 oz bottle of Italian dressing
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 large avocado (you will want the avocado to be ripe, but not mushy.)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together, except the avocado.
2. Place bean and corn mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to marinate in the dressing. (You can leave it overnight for even better flavor.)
3. Dice the Avocado into 1/2 inch cubes. (If you like avocado, feel free to use more.)
4. Gently mix in the avocado. (If you think there is too much dressing, drain a bit off until the salsa consistency is to your preference.
5. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!