This Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Chili Recipe is full of your favorite Tex-mex flavors and bonus, it clocks in on the lighter side at only 286 calories per serving!
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney/pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 can corn
- 2 14.5-oz diced tomatoes (chili style if you can find them)
- 1 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- optional: sour cream, avocado and shredded cheese
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker, stirring together, making sure the spices are mixed in and the chicken is covered.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the chili, shred and return to the crock pot, stirring the chicken in completely and cook for just a few more minutes.
- Serve with optional sour cream, avocados and shredded cheese if desired.