Super Easy and oh-so-cute, Spring Basket Cookies! (Coconut Macaroons)
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of Shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- pastel candies (I used M & M’s but you could use just about anything.)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Stir the flour and coconut together in a large mixing bowl until the coconut is thoroughly coated with flour. The instructions say to use a wooden spoon, but I don’t know why nor do I even own a wooden spoon, I just used my silicone spoonula. (This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. If you ever buy one, make sure it is rated for high-heat.)
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and Vanilla and mix well.
- Drop coconut mixture by the spoonful on to the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. If you want to make the “basket”, dampen your fingers with water and gently tap the middle to make a depression to hold your candies.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack to cool and once they have cooled, add your candies.