Got Apples? This Cinnamon Apple Recipe is super easy to make (not including the apple peeling ) and is probably one of the yummiest non-chocolate desserts out there. (Plus the recipe is cooked on the stove top in only about 20ish minutes!)
- 48 oz of peeled and thickly sliced apples (9 to 12 med apples) (my grocery store had already peeled and sliced apples in a 32 oz container)
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of water
- In a medium bowl, combine the cinnamon, pie spice, brown sugar, and cornstarch until it’s all mixed in completely.
- Add apples to a large dutch oven or another large saucepan. Sprinkle sugar/spice mixture over the top of the apples. Pour the melted butter and water over the top of the mixture. Stir until everything is coated.
- Cooke apples about 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally until apples are fork tender (not mushy) and the sauce has thickened.
- Start testing the apples with a fork around the 15-minute mark. Depending on the size of your apple slices and how soft you want them, your final cook time could vary between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream for the tastiest results!
- Best apples to use: Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady or Braeburn
- This recipe makes a lot and can be easily divided in half. If you make a smaller amount, start checking the apples for done ness around the 8 to 10-minute mark.
- This recipe makes a good amount of sauce- perfect for drizzling over ice cream!
- Serving Size: 1/16 of recipe
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 2.8
- Protein: .4