Made using fresh strawberries, every buttery bite of this Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler has a hint of strawberry sweetness that will have you coming back for more.
- 8 tablespoons of salted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 16 oz package of fresh strawberries, halved
- 4 oz cream cheese
- optional: chopped pecans and turbinado sugar (for extra crunchy topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour melted butterinto a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and baking powder together
- Whisk egg. Add milk and egg to the flour mixture. Combine well.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, over the butter, but do not mix!!!
- Place strawberries in a single layer over the batter. For prettiest results place the cut side down.
- Cut cream cheese into small pieces and layer on top of strawberry layer.
- Optional step: sprinkle about 1/8 of a cup of the turbinado sugar over the top of the cobbler. I love the extra crunchand sweetness this type of sugar gives to baked goods.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes untill the cobbler has risen up around the strawberries and is a beautiful golden brown.
- Optional step: I love adding a crunch of pecans to all my coblers, if you do to, you can sprinkle pecan pieces over the top of the cobbler about halfway through the baking tie.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 254
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Protein: 5
Keywords: strawberry cobbler, strawberry cream cheese cobbler, strawberry cobbler with cream cheese