The sweet strawberries, creamy pudding and pound cake really come together and scream deliciousness in this super easy strawberry trifle recipe. This strawberry dessert will be a complete hit with all your guests!
- 32 oz (2 lbs container) fresh strawberries
- 16 oz container pound cake, cubed
- Package of instant vanilla pudding (the one with 6 servings)
- 3 cups milk (for the pudding)
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Add the sugar to the strawberries and toss to coat. Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes, tossing at least once or twice more..
- Prepare the pudding as directed. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Set aside in the fridge, til needed.
- After the strawberries have sat with the sugar for at least 30 minutes, strain the strawberry sugar syrup into a container with a pourable lip. (That way you won’t waste any of that sweet strawberry syrup.)
- Layer your ingredients into the trifle bowl in this order: 1/3 pound cake, then pour 1/3 of strawberry syrup over the pound cake, 1/3 of pudding mixture and then 2/5 of strawberries. Repeat these layers twice more, the final layer of strawberries should be slightly less. (1/5 verses the 2/5 used in earlier layers)
- Refrigerate strawberry trifle for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition calculated with original cool whip, non-sugar-free pudding, and 2% milk. I have used sugar-free pudding and cool whip light and the strawberry trifle is just as good.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 39
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
Keywords: strawberry trifle, strawberry dessers