- 4 cups cooked elbow pasta
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 ¾ cup thawed, frozen peas
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup diced cheddar cheese
- ½ cup buttermilk (if needed, sub with 2 tbsp of milk and enough plain yogurt to equal ½ cup)
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 to 4 tbsp of chopped fresh dill
- Combine buttermilk and mayo
- Stir in salt and garlic and fresh dill
- Whisk in 1 tbsp of vinegar until smooth
- Set aside in fridge till needed.
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients, including the dressing.
- For best flavor, chill for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- This pasta salad needs to chill for a few hours before eating for the best flavor.
- Pasta salad can be kept in the fridge, tightly covered for 3 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 8
Keywords: macaroni salad, pasta salad