How to make your own Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (or DIY Nutella Recipe.) Learn how to make homemade Nutella with this simple Nutella recipe. Only 5 ingredients and it tastes way better than store-bought Nutella!
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once hazelnuts have cooled, vigorously rub nuts between your palms to remove skin. (It’s ok to leave some on.)
- Place roasted nuts in a high powered blender and puree for about 5 minutes. When done, the hazelnuts will resemble peanut butter. You want the hazelnut butter as smooth as possible.
- In a med saucepan, heat cream, salt and sugar until hot. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Remove from heat and allow chocolate to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add the hazelnut butter to the chocolate mixture when the chocolate is warm but not hot. (If it is too hot the oil from the hazelnuts will separate and make a gloppy mess. Combine until completely mixed.
- Add to a pretty jar.
- Store in the fridge, but serve warm or at room temperature. Will keep in the fridge for about 2 to 3 weeks.