The combination of beans, green chiles, and eggs come together deliciously in this Tex-Mex Breakfast Skillet. This hearty breakfast dish is super quick to make and has a kick of spicy tex-mex flavor!
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Use 3/4 can if you want it less spicy.)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 4 egg
- 1/4 c + more for garnish shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 tortillas
- 4 green onions, diced
- In mixing bowl, mix beans, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and cumin. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Spread bean mixture to skillet and bring to simmer.
- Using back of spoon, make 4 depressions in bean mixture and crack eggs into depressions. Cover and cook over medium heat until the whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness. About 7 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle beans and eggs with 1/4 cup cheese. Serve in tortillas and garnish with cheese and diced onions.
Keywords: eggs, breakfast