This Tres Leches Cake Recipe, made with a vanilla cake and soaked in 3 different types of milk, is absolutely heavenly and is super easy to make!
- 1 box French Vanilla Cake mix (I like the one w/ pudding in the mix) plus ingredients needed for the mix
- 1 can (14oz) Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1 cup half n half (I just used 2% milk)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package instructions.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Poke top of hot cake every 1/2 inch with fork or skewer.
- In large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and half n half. Pour evenly over top of cake. Make sure to get the milk mixture down into the holes.
- Cover cake and refrigerate for at least an hour (or as long as overnight) to absorb milk mixture.
- For the frosting: At least 30 minutes before serving, Combine the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla into large bowl with mixer until soft peaks are formed. Spread the whipped cream onto the cake, and return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.