Need dessert in a hurry? This deliciously decadent 7 Minute Microwave Carrot Cake recipe is a must make!
- 1 box Pillsbury Moist Supreme cake mix
- 1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided (3/4 cup for cake 1/4 for topping)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 can Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting
- Microwave safe dish (a stoneware or silicone works great- it just needs to hold about 10 cups. I used a silicone bundt cake pan for a prettier presentation.)
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin together until thoroughly combined. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well distributed. Cake batter will be very thick.
- Spread batter in pan as evenly as possible.
- Cook on high for 7 to 9 minutes. (The wattage of your microwave will make a difference.) Insert a toothpick into center of cake, when it comes out clean, cake is done.
- Let cake cool a few minutes. Invert cake on to plate and let cool another 10 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon or spatula poke hole all throughout the cake.
- Scoop out about 1/4 of the frosting and set aside. Warm the remaining frosting in the microwave about 25 seconds. You want it pourable, but not too runny. Pour melted frosting slowly over the cake, ensuring it flows into the holes.
- Allow the cake to cool a few more minutes. Warm the remaining frosting 15 to 20 seconds (It should be pourable, but thicker than the first. If it’s too thin, just stick it in the freezer for a minute or two. ) Pour over the cake. (This second pour is entirely optional- I found this second “thicker” pour will sit better on top and makes the cake look really nice. You can see in the picture below, the 2nd thicker pour.)
- Top cake with remaining pecans.
Recipe tip: my microwave was 1000 watts and 7 minutes was just perfect. If your wattage is less, try increasing the time in increments of about 1 minute and test for doneness.)
Keywords: carrot cake,