Need a dessert in a hurry? This deliciously decadent Microwave Carrot Cake recipe is a must-make! It’s ready in only 7 minutes!
There’s just something about carrot cake that says spring to me. While this cake may not be the prettiest carrot cake ever baked- I promise you, it will rank near the top in the yummiest. And the kicker? I “baked” this cake in 7 minutes flat in the microwave!
Delicious carrot cake in 7 Minutes!
Sometimes you just need a dessert in a hurry. An impromptu playdate, a last-minute addition to the menu, or maybe, just a craving for dessert that won’t go away. (We get lots of those cravings around here, lol.)
I’ve been fixated on carrot cake for the last couple of weeks!
I saw the most gorgeous, from scratch, carrot cake picture on Facebook and have not been able to get that cake out of my mind. (Especially since the last piece of carrot cake I had was not very good – and left me feeling quite disappointed and still craving carrot cake.
Microwave Carrot Cake
We needed one more dessert for our family party last weekend, and since I still had that carrot cake on my mind, carrot cake it had to be.
I rarely cook from scratch, I’m mostly a semi-homemade kinda cook and I had the greatest 7-minute spice cake recipe that I knew could easily be transformed into a carrot cake.
This cake was definitely a success! Looks amazing, doesn’t it?
Wait till you see the ingredient list for this 7 Minute Microwave Carrot Cake…
Ingredients in Microwave Carrot Cake
(Ingredients at a glance, you will find the full recipe with ingredient amounts in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.)
- Yellow cake mix
- Pumpkin Puree
- Shredded carrots
- Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting.
The secret to what makes this cake so yummy is that you will let the cake cool a few minutes, poke holes in the top of the cake; then warm up the icing so it is pourable and pour over the top of the cake. The holes in the cake will fill up with the delicious cream cheese frosting and makes for the most decadently delicious carrot cake!
One thing to note about making this carrot cake in the microwave is you will need a microwave-safe pan. A stoneware (like the pampered chef one) or silicone bundt pan works great – it just needs to hold about 10 cups. I used a silicone bundt cake pan.
How to Make a Carrot Cake in the Microwave
- Mix all the ingredients except the frosting and 1/4 cup of the pecans.
- Spread batter into a microwave-safe pan and cook in the microwave for about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Let the cake cool.
- Using the back of a spoon or other round tool, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Warm up the frosting and pour over the cake and top with the rest of your pecans.
That’s it, in about 8 minutes you have a super yummy carrot cake!
Microwave Cake Recipe Notes:
- Use a Microwave safe pan.
- My microwave was 1000 watts and 7 minutes was just perfect. If your wattage is less, try increasing the time in increments of about 1 minute and test for doneness.
This cake is so good guys! Our entire family was raving over it- you definitely need to add it to your must-try list.
Now it’s your turn! What is your absolute favorite cake flavor? Share in the comment section below:
Tools and Products Used to Make this Microwave Carrot Cake
- Pillsbury Moist Supreme Yellow Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Silicone Bundt Pan
- Kitchen spoon (to make the holes)
Tried this Carrot Cake Recipe?Print
Need dessert in a hurry? This deliciously decadent 7 Minute Microwave Carrot Cake recipe is a must make!
- 1 15.25 oz box Pillsbury Moist Supreme cake mix
- 1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided (3/4 cup for cake 1/4 for topping)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 can Pillsbury Cream Cheese Frosting
- Microwave safe dish (a stoneware or silicone works great- it just needs to hold about 10 cups. I used a silicone bundt cake pan for a prettier presentation.)
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin together until thoroughly combined. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well distributed. Cake batter will be very thick.
- Spread batter in pan as evenly as possible.
- Cook on high for 7 to 9 minutes. (The wattage of your microwave will make a difference.) Insert a toothpick into center of cake, when it comes out clean, cake is done.
- Let cake cool a few minutes. Invert cake on to plate and let cool another 10 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon or spatula poke hole all throughout the cake.
- Scoop out about 1/4 of the frosting and set aside. Warm the remaining frosting in the microwave about 25 seconds. You want it pourable, but not too runny. Pour melted frosting slowly over the cake, ensuring it flows into the holes.
- Allow the cake to cool a few more minutes. Warm the remaining frosting 15 to 20 seconds (It should be pourable, but thicker than the first. If it’s too thin, just stick it in the freezer for a minute or two. ) Pour over the cake. (This second pour is entirely optional- I found this second “thicker” pour will sit better on top and makes the cake look really nice. You can see in the picture below, the 2nd thicker pour.)
- Top cake with remaining pecans.
Recipe tip: my microwave was 1000 watts and 7 minutes was just perfect. If your wattage is less, try increasing the time in increments of about 1 minute and test for doneness.)
Keywords: carrot cake,
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.