- 3 apples
- 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2/3 cup of ice cold water
- 2/3 cup of oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- optional: egg white and turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and half of the sugar. Then add water and oil to the dry ingredients. Make а soft dough. Chill the dough in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut apples into 1/4 inch slices. Add to a medium bowl and toss them with lemon juice. After that, add remaining sugar and cinnamon, toss to coat.
- Roll the dough, arrange apples in the center of the circle, fold the edges over apples.
- Optional step: Create an egg wash (one egg white plus one tbsp water, beaten with a fork) and brush over the edges of the crust. Sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Serve with your desired topping and enjoy!