This Avocado and Bacon Chicken Salad recipe is the best chicken salad recipe ever! It’s great on rolls, stuffed into an avocado or served over lettuce.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 avocados diced
- 7 strips of Jimmy Dean® Hickory Smoked Bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayo (you can use more or less depending how creamy your avocados are)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: a tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro
- Combine chicken, avocado, optional cilantro and almost all of the crumbled bacon (reserve a tablespoon or two for garnish.)
- Add mayo and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken salad on a delicious roll, over lettuce or stuffed in an avocado.
- You can eat the salad right away, but for the best flavor make it at least 30 minutes ahead to allow time for all the flavors to combine! If making sandwiches, the addition of a sliced tomato is even better.