Pecan praline sauce is a sweet dessert topping sauce made with sugar, butter, pecans, and evaporated milk. The final result is a versatile sauce that is rich, buttery and full of caramel-y butterscotch flavors and makes a great topping on almost everything!
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Put pecans and 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave safe dish.
- Cook on med-high for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring twice. Watch closely and be careful to not burn the pecans!
- Put rest of butter in separate microwave safe dish and melt in microwave.
- Whisk in brown sugar, and flour, and syrup til blended.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes, stirring twice until the sugar is dissolved and thick.
- Whisk in Evaporated milk and Vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Combine pecan/butter mixture with the milk/sugar mixture.
- Store in refrigerator, makes 3 cups.