This Pecan Praline Sauce is so easy to make and tastes amazing! (It’s made in the Microwave.) The Praline Sauce is perfect as a topping on cheesecake, ice cream, yogurt. The best part is you can dress it up with a mason jar, a bit of ribbon and a tag for the perfect quick gift.
We had our meet the teacher night last night, and everyone is very excited for the new school year to start!(Though I am not looking forward to the early morning routine, we definitely need to work on our organization and timely-ness. It was easy with just one child, but I think my little girl is about to make it 3 times harder…)
I put together this quick Microwave Pecan Praline Sauce for teacher gifts. The sauce is so yummy, makes a perfect topping over vanilla ice cream and cheesecake. This stuff is amazing!!!
I couldn’t wait, and had a scoop of ice cream with the sauce as soon as it was done! It is very rich and delicious, just like a pecan praline. (Creamy pecan pralines are my very favorite candy.)
Looks good, doesn’t it? Pecan Praline Sauce makes a fabulous gift for anybody, anytime!
What is Pecan Praline Sauce
The pecan praline sauce is a sweet dessert topping sauce made with sugar, butter, pecans, and evaporated milk. The final result is a versatile sauce that is rich, buttery and full of caramel-y butterscotch flavors.
How do you make pecan praline sauce in the microwave?
Pecan Praline Sauce is actually very easy to make. Since this recipe is made in the microwave, you simply combine a few ingredients in a microwave safe dish and cook the sauce in increments (stirring in between) I do recommend the extra step of toasting the pecans as it ads an extra depth of flavor. (Just take care not to burn the pecans- it’s easy to do!)
I topped the jar with some pretty fabric and bakers twine, then added a tag that said: Here is to a “sweet” school year!
Ways to use pecan praline sauce
Pecan Praline sauce makes a fabulous gift and can be used in so many different ways. Makes great topping a topping for:
- pancakes or waffles
- yogurt and ice cream
- bread pudding
- pies and cakes
- Almost any dessert anything made with pumpkin or sweet potatoes
Easy Pecan Praline Sauce:
Easy Pecan Praline Sauce Recipe
Pecan praline sauce is a sweet dessert topping sauce made with sugar, butter, pecans, and evaporated milk. The final result is a versatile sauce that is rich, buttery and full of caramel-y butterscotch flavors and makes a great topping on almost everything!
- Cook Time: 13bminutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 2.5 cups
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Put pecans and 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave safe dish.
- Cook on med-high for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring twice. Watch closely and be careful to not burn the pecans!
- Put rest of butter in separate microwave safe dish and melt in microwave.
- Whisk in brown sugar, and flour, and syrup til blended.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes, stirring twice until the sugar is dissolved and thick.
- Whisk in Evaporated milk and Vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Combine pecan/butter mixture with the milk/sugar mixture.
- Store in refrigerator, makes 3 cups.