This Pecan Praline Sauce is so easy to make and tastes amazing! (It’s made in the Microwave.) The Praline Sauce is perfect as a topping on cheesecake, ice cream, yogurt. The best part is you can dress it up with a mason jar, a bit of ribbon and a tag for the perfect quick gift.
We had our meet the teacher night last night, and everyone is very excited for the new school year to start!(Though I am not looking forward to the early morning routine, we definitely need to work on our organization and timely-ness. It was easy with just one child, but I think my little girl is about to make it 3 times harder…)
I put together this quick Microwave Pecan Praline Sauce for teacher gifts. The sauce is so yummy, makes a perfect topping over vanilla ice cream and cheesecake. This stuff is amazing!!! I couldn’t wait, and had a scoop of ice cream with the sauce as soon as it was done! It is very rich and delicious, just like a pecan praline. (Creamy pecan pralines are my very favorite candy.)
Looks good, doesn’t it? Makes a fabulous gift for anybody, anytime!
I topped the jar with some pretty fabric and bakers twine, then added a tag that said: Here is to a “sweet” school year!
Easy Pecan Praline Sauce:
Easy Pecan Praline Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- Put pecans and 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave safe dish.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring twice. Watch closely and be careful to not burn the pecans!
- Put rest of butter in separate microwave safe dish and melt in microwave.
- Whisk in brown sugar, and flour, and syrup til blended.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes, stirring twice until the sugar is dissolved and thick.
- Mix in Evaporated milk and stir until well combined.
- Combine pecan/butter mixture with the milk/sugar mixture.
- Store in refrigerator, makes 3 cups.