Each of these Baked Mini Strawberry Pies is a delightful burst of strawberry goodness in every little bite!
- 12 oz strawberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of sugar (or whatever amount is needed based on the sweetness of your strawberries)
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten (optional – for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Chop strawberries and in a large bowl, mix strawberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon.
- Roll out pie dough and cut 12 (ish) circles (2.5 inches in diameter.) You may need to re-roll the dough to get enough circles.
- Press circles into muffin tin and prebake pie crusts for 5 to 7 minutes.
- While crusts are pre-baking, re-roll dough and cut out pie toppers (circles, hearts, strips, etc…)
- Remove muffin tin from oven and spoon strawberry filling into crusts, being careful to not spoon in too much of the juice as it will make you pie crusts soggy on the bottom.
- Top strawberries with pie toppers and brush with optional beaten egg.
- Bake mini pies for an additional 15 minutes or until the pie toppers begin to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow pies to cool for 10 minutes. Use a knife to loosen pies from tin and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling
- Serve mini strawberry pies with whipped cream and any leftover strawberries.